24 May 2016
Starting up as a one-man sub-contract welding operation in 2000, AJ Tensile has grown to a successful multi-million pound business manufacturing and installing fabric structures to a wide range of clients both in the UK and internationally, across a number of industries.
AJ Tensile is a manufacturer and installer of tensile fabric structures with a variety of applications across a wide range of industries. With an impressive range of high profile clients (Wimbledon Court One, Diesel, Vauxhall) AJ Tensile has built a reputation as reliable and quality driven manufacturer.
Number of employees: 30 – 50
Software and processes replaced
Sage Line 50, Sage Payroll, Microsoft Excel, paper trail.
- Lack of integration between administration and production meant duplication of input or omissions which could lead to customer orders either becoming lost, or actioned but not invoiced.
- Loss of control over cashflow due to disjointed and inaccurate financial reporting and unreliable works order scheduling.
- Lack of visibility of sales pipeline and order demand meant planning was almost impossible and lead to inefficient working patters in order to meet customer lead time expectations.
- Lack of visibility of performance either for the business overall or for individual jobs meant that errors could be repeated and inefficient practices continued.
Solution and outcomes
- Automated order management now processes an order in less than a minute compared to 20 minutes with the previous manual system.
- The company is saving approximately £9,500 annually on IT development, configuration, and customisation over the cost of a comparable, on-premise ERP system.
- Since implementing Central ERP® the business has grown by 100%, doubling its sales revenue.
- Stock levels are easier to manage and despite year-on-year growth, the value of stock held has not increased.
- Cash flow has become easier to manage and control, with backward and forward performance reporting.
- Hudman provided a complete solution, coordinating all resources i.e. materials, people, or machines, in order meet customer demand in the most efficient way.
- The business has avoided unnecessary investment in expensive infrastructure and hardware.
- The business is now free to focus on growing its operations without the concern for “growing out of” their software environment.
Central ERP® has given us complete control over our operations and financial performance, during a period of rapid growth.
Formed in 1970, Just Rollers plc is the UK's leading manufacturer of rubber and……
Formed in 2001, C-Fury is a manufacturer of outboard powered craft, designed to excel……