24 May 2016
Starting up as a one-man sub-contract welding operation in 2000, AJ Tensile has grown to a successful multi-million pound business manufacturing and installing fabric structures to a wide range of clients both in the UK and internationally, across a number of industries.
AJ Tensile is a manufacturer and installer of tensile fabric structures with a variety of applications across a wide range of industries. With an impressive range of high profile clients (Wimbledon Court One, Diesel, Vauxhall) AJ Tensile has built a reputation as reliable and quality driven manufacturer.
Number of employees: 30 – 50
Software and processes replaced
Sage Line 50, Sage Payroll, Microsoft Excel, paper trail.
- Lack of integration between administration and production meant duplication of input or omissions which could lead to customer orders either becoming lost, or actioned but not invoiced.
- Loss of control over cashflow due to disjointed and inaccurate financial reporting and unreliable works order scheduling.
- Lack of visibility of sales pipeline and order demand meant planning was almost impossible and lead to inefficient working patters in order to meet customer lead time expectations.
- Lack of visibility of performance either for the business overall or for individual jobs meant that errors could be repeated and inefficient practices continued.
Solution and outcomes
- Automated order management now processes an order in less than a minute compared to 20 minutes with the previous manual system.
- The company is saving approximately £9,500 annually on IT development, configuration, and customisation over the cost of a comparable, on-premise ERP system.
- Since implementing Central ERP® the business has grown by 100%, doubling its sales revenue.
- Stock levels are easier to manage and despite year-on-year growth, the value of stock held has not increased.
- Cash flow has become easier to manage and control, with backward and forward performance reporting.
- Hudman provided a complete solution, coordinating all resources i.e. materials, people, or machines, in order meet customer demand in the most efficient way.
- The business has avoided unnecessary investment in expensive infrastructure and hardware.
- The business is now free to focus on growing its operations without the concern for “growing out of” their software environment.
Central ERP® has given us complete control over our operations and financial performance, during a period of rapid growth.
Formed in 1970, Just Rollers plc is the UK's leading manufacturer of rubber and……
Logiplex Solutions Ltd manage their complex retail and IT services requirements with Central ERP®.……